You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As a work-around to the inability to shuffle spreads ( x2 3 letter pages side by side), I've created a long 25.5" x 11" page.

The problem is when i need to present the actual individual pages to a client, I need show it on single letter sheets. To accomplish this, I've imported the long 25.5" pages and masked them on 6 individual sheets. (see attached). I actually used to do this a lot in InDesign. Linking the working ID files into other ID files.

But when I went to update the linked Publisher file in this "layout" file, the position of the pages didn't keep. I kind of got it to work if I went page by page individually in the resource manager. That worked about 90% of the time. Sometimes on the second relink try.

I know this sounds confusion. Hopefully my image attachments will help explain the situation.

linking_01.jpg

linking_02.jpg

linking_03.jpg

While I agree this appears to be a bug, it seems like what you are doing is adding more complexity than value - I don't see anything about that layout that would prevent it from simply being designed as single pages to begin with (6 1-page spreads rather than 2 3-page ones)?

3 hours ago, fde101 said:

While I agree this appears to be a bug, it seems like what you are doing is adding more complexity than value - I don't see anything about that layout that would prevent it from simply being designed as single pages to begin with (6 1-page spreads rather than 2 3-page ones)?

Thank-you for your concern

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.