You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SOLVED! Affinity Designer & Photo Install Failed

UPDATE: SOLVED!

I looked over the log files myself (I was only dimly aware of them as a useful thing before yesterday evening). I found an error message within. "...OpenWithProgids  Verify that you have sufficient access to that key" 

It turned out I didn't, so I fixed that, and have successfully installed both Designer and Photo.

Not only can I now work with the lovely Affinity toys, I can troubleshoot, too. Cheers!

Hi, I've been trying off and on to install Designer (and Photo) to my Windows 10 computer, with no luck. 

I've read the forums and applied these successful-for-others fixes so far:

Clean boot

Create admin account to try install.  Nope.

Runtime Update (did that)

Making sure I'm running 64 bit Windows: Yes, I am.

Make sure of .NET version. Yes.

Ran troubleshooter, checked compatibility settings, tried running in various compatibility modes, all failed. The troubleshooter said that Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135 is incompatible.

I have DirectX 12, and Windows 10 Pro, 16GB RAM, Intel CORE i7, 160 GB free of disk space on a Cintiq Companion 2.

Help! I LOVE Designer on the ipad Pro, I want to use it and Photo on my PC!

@LHS

Just a thought (and my apologies if this is completely wrong); your mention of having the apps running on your iPad makes me wonder if you are attempting to run the iOS installer, or perhaps a Mac installer, on your Windows computer.

Mac, iOS and Windows versions each have their own installers and require separate licences.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

17 hours ago, emmrecs01 said:

@LHS

Just a thought (and my apologies if this is completely wrong); your mention of having the apps running on your iPad makes me wonder if you are attempting to run the iOS installer, or perhaps a Mac installer, on your Windows 

I wish it was that simple.

I don’t download iOS apps to my PC. I’m not even sure I could.

I checked over and over to be sure I’d downloaded the Windows files, because that would be a brilliantly easy fix.