Marieinks

Export only saving partial vectors

Anyone having an issue with export function not saving the entire image? Everytime I export this image it's only partial. The body of the snake is a vector object with holes subtracted  to allow the mint color to show through, and a mask layer placed on top to contain the galaxy image appearing between/around the subtracted circles. When I open the file most of the subtracted scales (circles) are missing. I've checked the fills, opacity, etc nothing is wrong. Is it a bug or am I doing some thing wrong? It does this no matter what type of export file I use. The first is the image as it appears before export, the second is what happens after when I try to open it in another application/view the file.

halp?

IMG_0083.PNG

Screenshot_20190218-180116.png

Hi Gabe, no I cannot attach it I keep getting this message. I've tried re exporting it but same message. The file size is 11.7 mb is it too big or something?

Screenshot_20190219-105530.png

Thanks. The issue seems to be the path direction of the curves when you have a pixel layer clipped inside the curves layer. What happens is, the curves get exported as Winding, rather than Alternate. I have logged this bug with our developers.

For the meantime, if you have the desktop version, you can use that to export your file and you should be fine. 

Hey Gabriel, I'm actually working on an iPad because I don't have a desktop is there any way I can work around it with that version? I can rebuild the image if I need to but what should I be doing different?

Yes, you can. You should be starting with one bog shape and a cut-out. Subtract them, go to Edit > Fil mode > Winding. If it looks ok, undo, copy, paste and use the same cutout throughout. If you're manually drawing, make sure you draw all the curves in the same way ( all clockwise or all counterclockwise)

Here's a good link for understanding how the fill mode works: https://www.sitepoint.com/understanding-svg-fill-rule-property/

Soo...having the same problem.i usedthe same cutout and winding fill mode after subtracting what i needed from the original shape. Problem is winding fill looks like the first image (which is also flipped for some reason??) but I need it to look like the second where the fill mode is alternate. No matter how I export it however it looks like the first. How do I get it to look like the second? Also I’ve tried several times to upload the af design file and it’s just a recurring error message so all I have is screenshots

55C8E3D2-5E30-450B-89A7-13C1328E8B76.png

4C789498-E627-48DF-9CD8-7EE434128CFB.png

On 3/2/2019 at 4:19 AM, Marieinks said:

Problem is winding fill looks like the first image (which is also flipped for some reason??)

As suggested in my previous post, the curves get exported as Widing and not Alternate, so you need to design it using Winding :D

On 2/25/2019 at 3:27 PM, GabrielM said:

You should be starting with one bog shape and a cut-out. Subtract them, go to Edit > Fil mode > Winding. If it looks ok, undo, copy, paste and use the same cutout throughout. If you're manually drawing, make sure you draw all the curves in the same way ( all clockwise or all counterclockwise)

Posted (edited)

Hey Gabriel I'm sorry if I'm being dense but the first image is winding that's what I mean. When I export it as winding and design as winding it appears as the first image whereas I need it to appear as the second which is alternate. They're 2 different affinity design files but producing the same result.

IMG_0099.png

IMG_0098.png

Edited by Marieinks
Examples