You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Make It So CRL and SHIFT Are Modifier Keys For All Things

I find myself going to press shift or control in Affinity Photo, but I so often find that it does nothing at all on certain tools, while working perfectly on others.

I can hold CRL when drawing out a shape to expand it / shrink it from center. I can also do the same when transforming it. I can also do this when doing an image place. 

But I can't do this when cropping or when placing down a circular or rectangular marquee. Also, why can't I even use the SHIFT modifier key when cropping, in order to constrain aspect ratio? Why do I have to do two clicks in order to change the mode to "original ratio?"

It's important to be able to crop from center so that you keep your crop, well, centered. And it's important to have the CRL modifier key for the marquee box and circle selection tools because say, for instance, I want to select something circular. How do I do this? I find the midpoint of the circle, which is the easiest thing to eye-ball, and then click and start dragging while holding crl. Trust me, it is very difficult to eyeball the imaginary bounding-box corners of a circle.

And yes, I know that CRL is the modifier key to do a straighten in the crop tool; however, it should change to be the "transform from center" once a person starts cropping. And, you shouldn't have to go into some drop-down menu in order to maintain the original ratio; you should just be able to hold shift.