You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Collapse All" Option in the Layers Panel

9 hours ago, LPJ said:

+1

Yup agree with what eobet says. 

Based on my experience, you can technically select all (ctrl + A) those layers, but it only collapses those groups that are visible. Hidden groups that have been expanded were not even included in the select all (ctrl + A) list. (I'd also have to manually click through to hide them)

Would really help to be able to set a shortcut for this too.

This seems to be a great start, thanks for the advice....I can click the top most 'child' in a layer and 'right click, control' does the job, just right. Next step is to create a shortcut for this......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amen, this currently is a PAIN.

Would you want to spend your time clicking 40 triangles to close up 40 layers?

What if I do 40 files (which I will.) That is 1,600 triangle clicks!!

This isn't even a feature request.

Isn't this basic human decency to not torture someone with clicking a thousand triangles?

If I wanted to do that instead of designing, I'd be playing Tetris.

And I'm saying Tetris, because this layers panel is from that era!!

262151860_ScreenShot2022-02-03at4_12_03PM.thumb.png.dbdde924d26eab1beb8ed61181e928dd.png

(But I love your guy's export options. Very good!! It's the main reason I am trying out the program.)

Edited by DaveLawrence

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

im not sure if I just haven't found it yet since it seems such a basic function. But when you click visibility in the layers panel you need to be able to use a modifier key to "solo" the selection.  Or do I really need to manually select all other layers and then untick visibility to only see the layer I have selected?

1 minute ago, Frank. said:

im not sure if I just haven't found it yet since it seems such a basic function. But when you click visibility in the layers panel you need to be able to use a modifier key to "solo" the selection.  Or do I really need to manually select all other layers and then untick visibility to only see the layer I have selected?

You can press option + click on a layer to solo it. 

1 hour ago, Julien Riesen said:

You can press option + click on a layer to solo it. 

Thanks.  I had tried all the modifier keys, but I clicked on the tick visible box instead of just clicking the layer. Stupid. I think its time I read through the list of key commands. 

• 2 months later...

Good news everyone....one can collapse the layers in Affinity 2 - still no shortcut (that I have found) but hopefully you can see on the attached screenshot how they have incorporated it.... a sort of hash key symbol for the 'parent' layer then 5 small blue bars for the 'child' layer (not sure if parent & child is the correct terminology, but you understand what I mean) ;-)

The only thing is, I don't need the layers to expand every time I click on an object, most times it's just not necessary, but as yet I haven't found a way to lock this!

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 17.16.19.png

1 hour ago, Jonesy21 said:

Good news everyone....one can collapse the layers in Affinity 2 - still no shortcut (that I have found) but hopefully you can see on the attached screenshot how they have incorporated it.... a sort of hash key symbol for the 'parent' layer then 5 small blue bars for the 'child' layer (not sure if parent & child is the correct terminology, but you understand what I mean) ;-)

The only thing is, I don't need the layers to expand every time I click on an object, most times it's just not necessary, but as yet I haven't found a way to lock this!

The icons on the left side of layers identify the layer type — # is an Artboard layer and the blue horizontal lines are a Vector (Layer) layer. Clicking the left side of a layer or group collapses it, but not its children —  this is the same in V1 to V2.

https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/pages/Layers/aboutLayers.html

V2 did add a way to collapse all layers/groups. Right-click any layer or group in the Layers Panel and select 'Collapse All Parents.'

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...