serpenteagle

Tabs/Panels Extremely Sensitive to Wacom Pen Touches

I use a Wacom Intuos S, and many times when I go to select a tab on the right things get really crazy. For some reason, taps get registered as drags and the panels get rearranged in all sorts of crazy ways. I have to go and select "Reset Studio" every time. 

Maybe the solution lies in reducing the drag sensitivity for the panels while using a graphics tablet?

Edit:  Not the tabs themselves, but actually the drag handle for the panels. My mistake. I added an image for clarification.

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 3.26.07 PM.png

In this case, it sounds like a driver/tablet sensitivity issue to me. We cannot adjust the touch sensitivity within the app, as we rely on the already existing drivers. 

5 hours ago, GabrielM said:

In this case, it sounds like a driver/tablet sensitivity issue to me. We cannot adjust the touch sensitivity within the app, as we rely on the already existing drivers. 

No, it's not the driver's fault. I can replicate the issue with my trackpad as well. Even a 1px movement after clicking will mess up the whole panel when using the trackpad.

Have you guys at least tested this on your end?

7 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Yes, and you need to move it quite a bit to actually re-arrange it. That's why I say it might be a tablet sensitivity. Have a look:

Sorry, I think I'm not being clear enough. The tabs themselves are fine, but the drag handle (the two vertical lines) are the ones that are too sensitive. Please take a look at this screen recording:

That's the exact purpose of a that handle. To move the whole panel. It does not need a sensitivity, because it does not have a double action, unlike the normal tabs do (where you can re-arrange within a certain distance, or move them to a different place if you drag further away from that point )

1 minute ago, GabrielM said:

That's the exact purpose of a that handle. To move the whole panel. It does not need a sensitivity, because it does not have a double action, unlike the normal tabs do (where you can re-arrange within a certain distance, or move them to a different place if you drag further away from that point )

Sorry, but thats a little bit ridiculous. Often times I accidentally touch the drag handle, mistaking it for a tab. This results in the whole side panel being messed up. Its extremely unintuitive and painful. 

Remember, just because something isn't objectively a bug doesn't mean it can't be a pain in the a** for the user. User experience is everything..