You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guides and Grids Tools

Would be cool to have a TOOL to create guides on pages/artboards in affinity suite. Almost like a Shape tool, but tailor made "red nodes" to address 90% of guides/grids needs, without having to go into a studio panel or large window, but that would still remain available...

thanks for your consideration

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

10 hours ago, ronnyb said:

Would be cool to have a TOOL to create guides on pages/artboards in affinity suite. Almost like a Shape tool, but tailor made "red nodes" to address 90% of guides/grids needs, without having to go into a studio panel or large window, but that would still remain available...

thanks for your consideration

Hello @ronnyb,

I support this idea. But I would rather use the tools that are already available and make it possible to turn any object into a 'guide object'. Or move them to something that could be called 'guide layer' where they turn into guides.

This could also solve this request about exact positioning of guides :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 2/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, fde101 said:

You can drag guides out from the rulers when using the move tool.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:35 AM, dominik said:

Hello @ronnyb,

I support this idea. But I would rather use the tools that are already available and make it possible to turn any object into a 'guide object'. Or move them to something that could be called 'guide layer' where they turn into guides.

This could also solve this request about exact positioning of guides :)

d.

I mean a tool / mode which would let you position and try out multiple guides, columns, rows, gutters, margins, etc effortlessly and precisely, both numerically and UI based...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17