Would be cool to have a TOOL to create guides on pages/artboards in affinity suite. Almost like a Shape tool, but tailor made "red nodes" to address 90% of guides/grids needs, without having to go into a studio panel or large window, but that would still remain available...

thanks for your consideration

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

10 hours ago, ronnyb said:

Would be cool to have a TOOL to create guides on pages/artboards in affinity suite. Almost like a Shape tool, but tailor made "red nodes" to address 90% of guides/grids needs, without having to go into a studio panel or large window, but that would still remain available...

thanks for your consideration

Hello @ronnyb,

I support this idea. But I would rather use the tools that are already available and make it possible to turn any object into a 'guide object'. Or move them to something that could be called 'guide layer' where they turn into guides.

This could also solve this request about exact positioning of guides :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.424)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.424)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.422)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 2/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, fde101 said:

You can drag guides out from the rulers when using the move tool.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:35 AM, dominik said:

Hello @ronnyb,

I support this idea. But I would rather use the tools that are already available and make it possible to turn any object into a 'guide object'. Or move them to something that could be called 'guide layer' where they turn into guides.

This could also solve this request about exact positioning of guides :)

d.

I mean a tool / mode which would let you position and try out multiple guides, columns, rows, gutters, margins, etc effortlessly and precisely, both numerically and UI based...

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra