You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I need an efficiant way to remove the greenscreen from 100+ senior photos

Hi there! I'm in charge of the senior photos (and yes, I know, the lightning is not perfect but It’s the best I can do with one shot box).

This is a test image and I will try to get rid of the ripples in the greenscreen, but I am afraid it won't get much better.

Can you help me find a way to efficiently remove the greenscreen from a sh*tton of photos? Maybe with batch processing? Sadly, I'm kind of a newbie and I appreciate ANY help and tips! TYSM! :D <3

IMG_1930.JPG

Hi,

well that's no simple task for >100 images, since that always also depends (lives and dies) on the accuracy of the greenscreen detection/selection and it's removance. For PS there is a specialized plugin for such batch tasks called EZ Green Screen, but I doubt that will work for Affinity as a plugin. What is needed to perform such a work is mainly shown as an example here ...

... and as you can see it depends highly on a good fine selection for portraits (the hair selection is usually the most difficult to handle here). There are also some tools like CutOut from Franzis which do deal with such things.

However, related to Affinity Photo you first have to try to make a Macro which deals with the greenscreen selection and removing (making those areas transparent) on the images. Then if that macro works in some acceptable manner you can create APh batch processing tasks and apply that macro to the batch processing. - See also:

Macros

Selections and Masking

Good luck!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

well that's no simple task for >100 images, since that always also depends (lives and dies) on the accuracy of the greenscreen detection/selection and it's removance.

I've played around with affinity photo and already learned a lot... But I think the thing I'm going to do is: Either fix the greenscreen until it's perfect or do it in front of an black bg and don't edit it at all

100 seniors O.o you're brave. :D

If you can get the screen taut enough you might stand a chance, secondly move the subject further away from the green screen, good luck.

Let us know if you survive. ;-)

Tips:- 

1. Emergency PolyGrip for teeth slump
  2. Yorkshire Tea, Nowt else will do.
  3. Biscuits, this will keep them focused
  4. Thorntons chocolates (Alternative to biscuits) Toffee's may cause the need for Emergency PolyGrip (See 1.)
  5. Air Freshener, they fart like troopers lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

11 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Let us know if you survive;-)

Will do!

And I work w/ less then optimal recources... 4m by 9m room, one softbox - I have to work with 2 diffusors to even get enough light on the second half of the face.

And maybe the worst of all: THE ROOM HAS WHITE WALLS!?

Enough with my rant... Thx for the tips ^.^

I've a pretty old CutOut version, when applying your above image and using the (blue/green) chroma key mating a default one click gives that ...

cutout-one_click.jpg.2ad022c8bd1563d5e697e583e6da65fb.jpg

... when slightly adjusting for the different greenscreen background shading, the whole background will be made transparent. - The result can be saved as PNG or PSD in my pretty old version here, which also has a batch processing option.

IMG_1930.png.3dd66947f9891b4ca2a5449bb79c2805.png

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

20 hours ago, v_kyr said:

also has a batch processing option.

You sir, literally saved my life. I owe you. This is amazing and works like a charm. - It even is capable of working with hair, and I got cutout 5 for free from a German website called computerbild!

I always thought that chroma keying would be easier then the flood selection tool, but that it would work so perfectly!?

TYSM TYSM TYSM TYSM <3

Yes some German sites had older versions of various Franzis Photo related software as Christmas calendar (Weihnachtskalender) give-aways etc. but mostly older versions. Note however that there are differences in CutOut versions and their features (between the normal and pro versions though) like batch processing support etc.

• 2 years later...

@v_kyr
hello, I saw that you said you can batch cut out. I’ve just taken some Headshots of a lot of people and need to batch edit. I downloaded cutout professional 6 but when I select multiple I cannot batch cut out them all. Please help. Thanks 

For CutOut look into it's user manual (search there through the doc after "batch processing") and try out the settings and procedures shown there, see ...

Otherwise since this forum is about Affinity software, you may ask at Franzis for certain help and tutorials about their distributed software tools like CutOut.