You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible to transfer Affinity Designer Customer Beta files to normal Affinity Designer?

Hi! So yeah, you saw the title...

The issue is that I was being stupid and didn't read this part in this post:

"Hey don't use Affinity Designer Customer Beta in your work, because you can't backward them to the regular Affinity Designer." or something like that.

And since I didn't see that I was again stupid and began making a large project for my graphics design business. Now I can't export it to a PSD file and that's the only way I can send it over to my customer. (My project would take a long time to recreate, so please gimme any ideas)

Is there ANY way to get back my files from Affinity Designer Customer Beta?

I have tried so many things, but keeps on popping up with errors, and searching on Google ain't working either.

PLEASE HELP!

• Staff

Hi Thertel,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately once you've saved a .afdesign document in the beta, you can only open this .afdesign file in the beta version of the software. However you should still be able to export from the beta for others to open the exported file in any program.

If you want to 'transfer' the file back to the retail version of Affinity Designer then I'd recommend exporting as a PDF (for export) in the beta, then open this file in the retail version.

If you want to export your file from the beta to send to your customer, simply open File>Export and select PSD here. The PSD created can be opened and edited in any software that supports the file type.

The file limitation in the beta only applies to the native Affinity .afdesign format. I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan C!

Thank you for the quick reply and the tips.

Though when I tried to export as PDF, I didn't get all the content. I think my document is too large, so half of it gets cut off.

Yeah I have tried to export it to PSD, but when I click OK after selecting PSD on the export menu and had chosen the file name and destination, it pops up with an error: 

"An occurred while exporting to (destination and file)"

Do you think there's a way to fix it?

Thanks again!

• Staff

No problem at all :)

What is the size and DPI of your document please?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Can you not just copy and paste the elements from one doc to another? 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff
26 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Can you not just copy and paste the elements from one doc to another? 

From retail to beta - yes, but from beta to retail you'll see the following error unfortunately!
image.png

Please note -

Many thanks!