You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi.  Affinity photo on MacBook pro.

i am a new user trying out affinity photo before moving from LightroomCC so bear with my lack of knowledge.

i have opened a raw file, processed, then developed.

i am trying to crop before proceeding. The crop tool shows on pic with the move nodes on corners and on lines.

when cursor hovers over nodes I get the double arrow indicating I can crop but when I click and drag nothing happens, the cursor just turns into a cross with arrows.

it has worked on a previous picture but........

i have switched of Mac and rebooted but no change.

help!

peter

• Staff

Let's try to reset the app. 

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

Hi

i have download the beta version but crop tool not working however....

I uninstalled my 1.6...... version and reinstalled. The crop tool worked.

then I open the beta and tried that and the crop tool did NOT work.

so I closed beta and reopened 1.6.... and crop tool had stopped working. Grrrrrrrrrr!

i am going to uninstall both beta and 1.6... then reinstall 1.6..... and see what happens.

Watch this space.

peter

Have you tried other images (not from that camera) and how are you opening the file in APhoto?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi

i have now tried with raw files from canon 5d mkiii, clicked develop then tried to crop. Crop still not working.

i then tried with a photo I tried out affinity with when I first purchased in December. I had the photo in three versions,

aphoto, tiff, jpeg. All three from canon 5d.

i tried all three but crop did not work.

Out of interest does the Crop Tool in the Develop Persona work?

Either directly when opening a RAW file or if you re-enter the Develop Persona after developing the image?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

We've found the issue. If you're using a trackpad, go to settings > Trackpad and disable "Force click and haptic feedback". Basically, with this option on, your trackpad senses the difference between a light tap and a hard tap. Light tap works like a normal click/tap, while hard tap tries to "quick look" in that area, and disabling the normal tap.