You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't save changes using Extension "Develop in"

In  Apple Photo's Opening up Affinity Develop with the extension "develop" fires-up a Develop module in 1.7. with the RAW-photo from within Apple Photo's. However saving back (with or without adjustments) reports an error saying "Edits with Affinity Develop not possible, an unexpected error has occurred" (see screenshot though that is in Dutch, hence my translation ;) )

The file in question is a RAW file from my Panasonic G80 extension .RW2.

When I use the extension "edit in Affinity" it works ok.

1700652746_Schermafbeelding2019-02-18om16_34_40.thumb.png.c9cd1121510f3f93444e88f4d7c8e925.png

Hello Chris B,

Thanks for the info

Some extra info. When I use a jpeg-file, it works fine.Because off that I was thinking it might have something to do with "not-flattening" the image before writing back ?

The needed flattening is perfectly handled now with the Affinity extension "Edith in Affinity Photo" in the beta, This is really a joy to work with. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Chris,

Still very exited about version 7, however the latest update 1.7.0.116 still doesn't fixe using the "develop" extension with Apple Photo's. it opens fine and I can make adjustments, but it still reports the failure mentioned in my opening post when I try to write back to Apple Photo's. Other extensions seem to work fine.

Hope you are able to fix this (but please not at the cost of the extension "edit in Affinity Photo" because that is a big enhancement !)

Best Regards

Ben

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.