You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with text wrapping in Affinity Publisher

Hello, I start using Publisher Beta, but when I try to handle the "text wrapping" it doesn't really work. If I change the distance from the text on the left, the text on the right moves. If I do it on the right it seems as also the text on the right moves. Is this issue known? Thanks!

Belongs in here I think. Text is aligned right. Text wrapping only works if the margin from text is 3 mm for both left AND right. Irrelevant if wrapping is set to both sides oder biggest side.

text-wrap.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Yes - I'm seeing the exact same BIZARRE behaviour. It's damn near impossible to get it to work properly - I change the right offset and the left moves. Or doesn't move at all. Or they all move - whether the lock is set or not. The lock doesn't work - half the time it does the opposite of what is expected. Of course, sometimes, just to make things interesting, it decides to actually do what you want.

This is MUST FIX item - I simply can't make it behave. :58_disappointed_relieved: I've been tearing my hair out thinking *I* was doing something wrong, but nope - it's something very wrong in afpub. FYI, in case it's OS-specific: I'm using a Mac running High Sierra.

I'm adding some screen shots to illustrate the issues. The first one - you'd think, wouldn't you, that you'd have a nice 1/4" offset to the left and top of that photo, no? And note the caption text box on the bottom - see where the text is? For unknown reasons, there is an offset on the bottom, where there isn't supposed to be any. And then there is the second screen shot - the ONLY way I could get any left offset was to add some on the right. And yet, on another photo on a different page, with all the same settings as the first one here, the wrap does work.

And btw - changing the "both sides" to "largest side" and back again did nothing at all. It still wasn't working as it should be. 

Screenshot 2019-02-20 16.02.33.png

Screenshot 2019-02-20 15.25.10.png

• 4 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 9:03 PM, PaddyD said:

I'm adding some screen shots to illustrate the issues. The first one - you'd think, wouldn't you, that you'd have a nice 1/4" offset to the left and top of that photo, no? And note the caption text box on the bottom - see where the text is? For unknown reasons, there is an offset on the bottom, where there isn't supposed to be any. And then there is the second screen shot - the ONLY way I could get any left offset was to add some on the right. And yet, on another photo on a different page, with all the same settings as the first one here, the wrap does work.

And btw - changing the "both sides" to "largest side" and back again did nothing at all. It still wasn't working as it should be. 

Screenshot 2019-02-20 16.02.33.png

Screenshot 2019-02-20 15.25.10.png

I am getting this problem in the newly released version. I cannot get text wrap to work at all. I tried inserting an image and nothing and I tried it with a picture frame and no wrap. I have set all the options like the poster above. Is there a solution?

There is a check box in the Text Frame Studio which sets Ignore Text Wrap.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

8 hours ago, Simon W said:

Wonder why the default for the Text Box is Ignore Text Wrap.

It isn't, for me.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

20 hours ago, Simon W said:

Found it and it works. Wonder why the default for the Text Box is Ignore Text Wrap. I was looking at the image properties.

Thank you.

It was the default on my MAC version.  If you go to the Text Frame Panel and uncheck IgnoreText Wrap and then change the default setting, each new document will open without the option checked and text wrap will work correctly.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• 1 year later...