You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Delay between edit and histogram display

15 minutes ago, Chris B said:

This is because in the Develop Persona, it's important enough to spend the extra CPU time doing it live. In the other personas, it's just done in the background and is a little bit slower. 

Thanks for the explanation.
Will it stay that way in the future?

• Staff
Just now, Michail said:

Thanks for the explanation.
Will it stay that way in the future?

I can't say for sure. I did log this because I thought (like you) it was an issue but this is what I was told. It makes sense. I guess it depends on how much of a delay we're talking though. If it's a second or two I imagine it won't change.

I did speak with someone last week that said it took over 15 minutes for the Histogram to update but I couldn't reproduce it.

23 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I can't say for sure. I did log this because I thought (like you) it was an issue but this is what I was told. It makes sense. I guess it depends on how much of a delay we're talking though. If it's a second or two I imagine it won't change.

I did speak with someone last week that said it took over 15 minutes for the Histogram to update but I couldn't reproduce it.

With me it is with an average file less than 1 second. It doesn't have the big priority, but it's a bit annoying when you have to work precise. By the way, increasing the maximum Ram usage doesn't change this situation.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.