You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

en dash at the end of row, when using nonbreaking space to avoid one letter at the end of row.

5 hours ago, RaSu said:

en dash at the end of row, when using nonbreaking space to avoid one letter at the end of row.

I've reported that already so hopefully this will be fixed in the next beta. :)

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Not sure what one has to do with the other (a non-breaking space prevents two words from being placed on different lines, but should have nothing to do with hyphenation within a word), but you might want to verify that the "Minimum prefix" setting under the "Hyphenation" setting of the Paragraph studio panel is set to at least 2.

• 4 months later...
On 2/18/2019 at 3:00 PM, Seneca said:

I've reported that already so hopefully this will be fixed in the next beta. :)

Unluckily the bug still remains - even in production/live version of Affinity Publisher :-(

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, fde101 said:

Not sure what one has to do with the other (a non-breaking space prevents two words from being placed on different lines, but should have nothing to do with hyphenation within a word), but you might want to verify that the "Minimum prefix" setting under the "Hyphenation" setting of the Paragraph studio panel is set to at least 2.

I don’t have the Czech dictionary installed, but using the Italian one will also allow to reproduce the behaviour in the example document uploaded by @jirka. When you set the minimum prefix to 3 for the paragraph, the issue disappears. Strange.

Not sure, but maybe this will help squishing that bug. :/

1 hour ago, A_B_C said:

I don’t have the Czech dictionary installed, but using the Italian one will also allow to reproduce the behaviour in the example document uploaded by @jirka. When you set the minimum prefix to 3 for the paragraph, the issue disappears. Strange.

Prefix.mov

Yes! It works the same even with Czech dictionary. Thank you Sir!

1 hour ago, A_B_C said:

Prefix.mov

... but - the side-effect is not usable - hyphenation of many czech words commonly needs to be splitted after first two characters and with setting the minimum prefix to 3 it does not works.

Oh, of course, I didn’t mean to suggest this as a workaround, but rather as a piece of additional evidence for the developers such that they might get down to the root of the problem more easily … if that does make sense at all … :)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.