You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

According to the Affinity Store, "when you launch your product, you’ll be prompted to download the latest update if available. On clicking Download you will be directed to a web page that will offer you the latest Windows release for your Affinity product."

I've had Affinity Designer since December 2017 and have not been prompted to download any updates. The version I currently have is 1.65.123. Can somebody tell me is there been updates since then? (I'm getting numerous crashes so I'm thinking that it has to do with not having the latest version.) If so, is there a link to get the updates?

TIA 

Affinity Crash.jpg

See:

Product Name       | Platform         | Purchase Store  | Version        | Trial       | Current Beta
====================|==================|=================|================|=============|==============
 Affinity Designer  | Windows 7, 8, 10 | Affinity Store  | 1.6.5.135      | 1.6.5.135   | 1.7.0.206
 Affinity Designer  | Windows 10       | Microsoft Store | 1.6.5.123      | (as above)  | 1.7.0.206

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thank you! So, I have Windows 10. According to the chart, I should have had updates. Am I reading the chart correctly-I need to go to the Microsoft store to get the updates? Do you know if I’ll need any info (like my product code, etc.) to get an update at the Microsoft store? 

Thanks for your help.

It depends on where you purchased your copy.

If you purchased from the MS Store, then it would auto-update, I believe.

If you purchased from the Affinity Store, the program would notify you of the availability of an update, but only if Serif has put the newer version on "auto-update" status. As 1.6.5.135 is functionally identical to 1.6.5.123, Serif did not do that for 1.6.5.135. You're free to visit the Store and download it if you want, but .135 should function the same as .123 for you, so there's no strong reason to upgrade that I know of.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @Esmer Wear,

Welcome to the forums. 

That error message is usually caused by a bad graphics card driver. Try this:

• Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website
  • Uninstall the current graphics drivers
  • Reboot
  • Install the latest drivers
  • Reboot

We have not notified anybody about the 1.6.5.135, as it is the same version. It's just a slightly different installer, but the software is exactly the same. 

Thanks,

Gabe.