You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Peter Rodbourn

Another bike, this one owned by my son. Continually learning more about Designer and happy about my progress.

Almost cracked the chrome effect in this illustration but still a way to go. Will keep on practicing.

I had problems converting this to JPG as the red colouring kept coming out a more maroon colour.

Finally found a workaround by changing Designer file from RGB to Adobe RGB before converting to JPG.

Hope you like the Ducati.

Ducati.jpg

Wow..that's amazing..you could almost pick it up off the screen!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

I presume by chrome you mean the exhaust? I quickly did this without blurs at lunch, it’s not finished but that's how I'd do it. Not the same model but is a Pantah, just low res that I wouldn’t normally use. I started with a 3 point gradient along the length. Then just looked at the highlights and shadows and added them. If something needs a 6 or 20 or whatever point gradient then you do it. Then the more you break it down the more realistic it is.

Oh for the text (not all there or done properly) and the joins I created them then duplicated and move the background one across a tiny bit and set it to screen.

Unless you have reflections of another object then in a way shiny metal is easier as it’s quite contrasty.

The file's there and it might help or you might think it's rubbish.

Pantah.afdesign

Pantah.jpg

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

That's OK. I think you've pretty much got the hang of everything, not too much to say, just little things and that's just my opinion. But feel free to ignore them if you don't agree.

I've been meaning to do a motorbike for ages but not got around to it. Partly as I prefer vintage stuff and there aren't too many decent reference photos out there for those. But I found a nice crop of part of a '74 Ducati 750 ss of decent size and that's fairly vintage. I'll try and do it as there's not too much of it, like hardly any of the engine and no wheels!, so I should be able to make the time.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me