You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all.

I do have aproblem with filter forge 7/8 does not work in AF 1.6.5.123 on one of my computers,

I have two computers with all most the same spec only one of them are using the intel I5-7500 cpu and the other one is I7-4790 cpu,in the one with the i5 filter forge 7 and 8 does not work as plugin it tells me a problem with ff,but in the other computer i can start ff7 or 8 normally as a plugin only there it takes years to devlope the image,but that's an other problem,both the systems i do have win 10 pro installed,BTW,those plugins does not work aswell in the Beta 243,none of the computers

Does any body has a solution for me?

thanks in advance.

charles

Edited by chaleco45
forgot to add something

• Staff

Hi Charles,

Unless i'm mistaken build number: 1.6.5.123 is Affinity Photo from the Microsoft Store.  The Microsoft Store apps are sandboxed and i suspect that is why it's failing to start the plugin.  I got an error when trying to launch FF in my copy of 1.6.5.123.  However,  having checked your account with us, you did purchase Affinity directly from us back in 2016 and i've just tested FF with this build of Affinity and it works just fine.  I'd suggest installing the version from us by logging into your account here.  Once downloaded and installed, you'll be able to run FF (i tested version 8) due to the app not being sandboxed by MS :) 

1 hour ago, stokerg said:

Unless i'm mistaken build number: 1.6.5.123 is Affinity Photo from the Microsoft Store. 

1.6.5.135 is the current version available from the Affinity Store. However, it was never put on auto-update because (as I understand) it was only a change to the installer, not the actual functionality.

1.6.5.123 was the prior version available from the Affinity Store, but as .135 is not on auto-update, many Windows users probably still have the Affinity Store version of .123 (as I have). It's impossible to know which Charles has, without more input from him.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

1.6.5.123 was the prior version available from the Affinity Store, but as .135 is not on auto-update, many Windows users probably still have the Affinity Store version of .123 (as I have).

Thanks Walt, It gets a bit tricky to keep track of the version numbers at the best of times and the current MS Store build number being 1.6.5.123 really doesn't help matters. 135 wasn't put on auto update as it only had a small change to the installer and didn't introduce any new features or bugs fixes not already in build 1.6.5.123.

@chaleco45, could  suggest that you change the title of you posting to something more relevant, such as Filter Forge plugin. It helps those of us who are browsing or are using the search facility.

I have FF7 which work OK on my current build of photo, but not the beta of 1.7. FF8 does not work on either. Filter Forge support tells me that Affinity is incompatible.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hi Guys.

1935324786_ScreenShot02-18-19at09_47AM.thumb.PNG.383ed830735149c0b0ae2adae9fb41b7.PNGThanks for your reactions,I,ve downloaded the version 135 and it does not work with the new version aswell,i think it is a problem with my win 10 system,because the other computer with version 123 works well and with win 10 pro285369727_ScreenShot02-18-19at09_46AM.thumb.PNG.4759326f60c5b38045369ee21f2c9786.PNGr with version 123 works normal with  win 10  aswell

I got a similar error message and I sent off a bug report. That is when they told me I was incompatible.

Pity really as FF offers some unique effects and it cost a fair amount. I may have to retain my old AP 1.6 when I eventually upgrade to 1.7.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630