You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Frequent crash in 1.7.0.238

I have experienced frequent crashes of the latest version (238) running on Win 10 today.  I have been working on a document which was originally created from a (60+ page) PDF and the problem seems to be with some of the images from that original document. 

I have cut the document down in size and seem to be able to reproduce the problem very regularly (if not quite 100%).  To do this open the attached document, scroll down on the Pages navigation pane on the left hand side and double click on page 4.  Most of the time when I do this Publisher just quits (no error message etc).  Occasionally it does work as expected (in which case I closed the document, re-opened and it happened again).  

Note that I do no editing or make any changes - just double click on the offending page.  Also, navigating around the text pages works as expected, just this one image page in this document has the problem. 

The document has had a lot of pages deleted to allow me to attach it.  Some other pages do seem to have the same problem but they always contain images from when the original PDF was opened.  However, not all pages with such images cause the crash.  I can provide (privately) a copy of the larger document if that would help. 

Crashing document.afpub

2 hours ago, CliveH said:

To do this open the attached document, scroll down on the Pages navigation pane on the left hand side and double click on page 4.  Most of the time when I do this Publisher just quits (no error message etc).  Occasionally it does work as expected (in which case I closed the document, re-opened and it happened again).  

Hello @CliveH,

I can reproduce the crash as you describe. It did not happen every time I double clicked on page 4 but very often.

I realize that the graphic on page 4 consists of a group of 400 vector objects, some of them being groups with even more objects in them.
For a test I rasterized the whole graphic. This seems to prevent further crashes.

I have no idea what causes the crash. But the cause seems to be burried in the graphic on page 4.

Sorry, to not be more helpful except for the confirmation of the crash.
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.