You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher ignores kerning pairs of Postscript Type1 fonts

Publisher has problems using the integrated kerning pairs of Postscript Type1 fonts. It ignores them!
I noticed this with extreme pairs like LT. In new OpenType fonts this works correctly. Not so with Postscript Type1 – no matter if the AFM files or only the font suitcases are included.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello Sean,
Oh yes, the font has been damaged in the ZIP archive. Probably because old Mac Type1 fonts usually don't have a suffix but a resource and data fork.
I have therefore packed the FontSuitcase type FFIL and the associated outline printer fonts type LWFN into a DMG image.
Good luck with testing.

UniversBQ.dmg

On 2/17/2019 at 4:17 PM, ves2 said:

Publisher has problems using the integrated kerning pairs of Postscript Type1 fonts. It ignores them!

I'm sure you are aware that Font Type 1 is going away and Adobe advises people to start switching to Open Type format. Adobe will end Font 1 support in January 2023.

Please see this post to migrate your fonts to alternative formats:

https://creativepro.com/how-to-convert-postscript-fonts-to-opentype-with-transtype/?utm_source=CreativePro+Network+List&utm_campaign=a59a8cb0a0-idtotw_02-25-21&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_98b7b678b4-a59a8cb0a0-262960537&mc_cid=a59a8cb0a0&mc_eid=b1c562919e

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.