You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Everyone !
Hello Team !

Today i'm coming with this clear suggestion: Could Serif start making (and inviting) peoples and users to live webinar or YouTube Live which will be more organized like Masterclasses ?

What's the point for this ?
Well, in fact it is not bad to have short courses or content like the one we see and have on the respective YouTube channels (Photo, Designer and Publisher) but when it comes to really practical way of all this ... it gets really complicated i mean, if i want to achieve a project using APhoto and i want to process some massive Dodge and Burning (the Affinity way) but in the same time i don't know about layers and what they are used for, then i will be tempted to work in a really destructive way with almost Zero possibility to recover.
So to fix that, the better will be that i attend a Masterclass/Webinar which Topic will be Layers and where i will learn not only about layers but about most of creative and most needed operations that can be done using layers (dodge and burning included).
A 1h long with 3 or 4 examples is enough and then i will ask question about that precise topic and get answers.

This will make people progress really fast, drop the pressure level in the forum and make every people who really are invested to progress together and deliver good or simply much better.
The Masterclass can also be the opportunity to have those people you are presenting on Spotlight to not only talk about this and that but come connect with Affinity community though a Webinar/Masterclass for a 1h long sharing.

There are many things that can become a Masterclass topic, from Text to Paragraph to Adjustment Layers etc.
Also Webinar/YouTube live Masterclass can be the very place to showcase the current Beta through kind of 30min.

Okay ! here is toom much line of text.
I leave it here for everyone to read and bring necessary inputs, the idea is global but only the community can refine it.

Blessings

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3