You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is really a general Affinity Photo question, not a Photo beta question, but I’m pretty sure the answer is that it’s not possible and it’s unlikely to become so in the near future (if ever).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

Hm.. i thougt about this and i think it will never be possible because the steps in photoshop are different than in AP. Other functions, other pathes, filters which may be needed are in different directories and so on. Maybe one time it will be possible to open them in AP and to edit them so that they run with AP but then no function must be included that AP doesn`t know.

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

11 hours ago, Clatyon King said:

...convert Photoshop Actions to APhoto Macros...

NO, not yet and also not in the near future. - Adobe's action format is specified and more and less defined, there are tools for converting these into scripts (see for example the Tonton Pixel site) and vis-versa. In contrast the Affinity macro implementation is as proprietary as their file system, further the actual Affinity macro implementation is also not on par with what PS offers in terms of overall functionality and features here. So these both Actions and Macros differ a lot here, add to that for the Affinity side no specs, no docus, no real dev API, no scripting support etc. So the later is a pretty a closed environment, much more closed and sealed off than Adobe PS here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

If your Photoshop action performs a sequence of specific commands, for each of which there is an Affinity equivalent, then it may well be possible to create an Affinity Photo macro to perform the same function. If not, it might still be possible to create an AP macro to achieve the same end result by a different route. 

However, as has been mentioned above, there is no direct equivalence in many functions. It is just a matter of try it and see!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone,

I have been working in both Photoshop and Affinity Photo. I realize you can’t run PS actions in AP. My question is why when I load a PSD file into AP does it not only not look like the same results I got in PS? I also notice that elements in some of the layers are blank in AP like rain or fire that was in my original PS project. Any idea or help would be great.

Thanks 🙏🏼 

1 hour ago, Brion Kalkhorst said:

Hello everyone,

I have been working in both Photoshop and Affinity Photo. I realize you can’t run PS actions in AP. My question is why when I load a PSD file into AP does it not only not look like the same results I got in PS? I also notice that elements in some of the layers are blank in AP like rain or fire that was in my original PS project. Any idea or help would be great.

Thanks 🙏🏼 

There are parts of the Photoshop PSD that are proprietary and some that are not so, Affinity can deal with the PDF information in PSD files but not much else. There are also capabilities that Adobe Photoshop has that Affinity Photo does not have and because of that, it cannot keep these capabilities editable and will likely convert them to images or to a compromise.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions