You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Features request

Very impressed with Photo so far. I use an old version of Photoshop Elements for saving photos for the web. There is one feature on that which I use all the time, and that is the photo preview. I can adjust the compression for jpegs and see how it will look. It would be great to have this feature included in Affinity Photo as well.

One smaller feature on PE is when a section of a photo is copied and then a new file created, there is the option for the new file to have the canvas the same size as the file on the clipboard. I know it's easy to crop the canvas to the photo size in AP, it would just be nice to be able to do it in one step rather than two.

But love the software, and looking forward to the final version.

• 3 months later...

image previews on export/Export Persona... will be implemented soon.

I for one am truly looking forward to the Compression Preview in Affinity Photo.  I use Photoshop's "Save for Web" feature all the time when exporting PNGs, JPGs, and GIFs for the web, where I absolutely need to closely compare the quality of the compression to see which file format and which compression level or settings I need to use.  Sometimes you would think a particular graphic would be best as a JPG but then you try it in PNG-8 and see it looks the same but the file size is much smaller.  This is a critical feature for web use.

New image from clipboard became available in last nights build :)

Andy.

Last night's build? Any idea when that stuff might become available as customer betas? The stuff we have in the release is great but new stuff is also good ...

File > New From Clipboard has been available in betas for a while now. At the moment, the Public Beta programme has ended (and the beta program expired) so you can't use it anyway, but the Mac App Store version is now available to buy and that has it. Soon there will be a new beta programme that has it too, but it be a Customer Beta meaning you will have to have bought and installed the Mac App Store version to join it.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.