serpenteagle

Grids are Super Glitchy

When I turn on the grid, it doesn't show up on some artboards. However, when I click on the title of an artboard, it shows up, but then the grid disappears everywhere else. To make it worse, when I go to select or move an element within that artboard, the grid disappears again. 

I'm not sure if this is just something specific to my system, so I've included the file I encountered the bugs on here.

Now, how often do you guys release bug fixes? It seems like there are many existing bugs that haven't been resolved for a very long time. Perhaps you guys should focus more on stability than new features? Or just release more incremental updates focused on bug fixes instead of putting everything into one big release.

Design Practice.afdesign

Hi serpenteagle,
Again these issues are the result of placing artboards inside layers in the root of the layers hierarchy. By default each (independent) artboard (placed in the root of the layer's hierarchy) should display its own grid - they can all have grids with different settings. If you place them all inside the same layer in the root of the layer's hierarchy you mess up with this resulting in the effects you are seeing. I will pass this to the dev team but again I'm not sure they are intended to be used like you are doing.

4 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi serpenteagle,
Again these issues are the result of placing artboards inside layers in the root of the layers hierarchy. By default each (independent) artboard (placed in the root of the layer's hierarchy) should display its own grid - they can all have grids with different settings. If you place them all inside the same layer in the root of the layer's hierarchy you mess up with this resulting in the effects you are seeing. I will pass this to the dev team but again I'm not sure they are intended to be used like you are doing.

Interesting.. makes sense. Perhaps there could be a feature where you can group artboards together? Working with lots of artboards all crammed into the root of the layers panel can be a nightmare, especially since the layers auto expand every time you select something in the viewport.

8 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi serpenteagle,
To prevent the layers from auto-expanding in the Layers panel, right-clock the small menu icon on the top right of the panel and untick Auto-scroll.

Sweet, thanks!