You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text on a Curve - Font changes colour, not stroke.

I have tried everything to solve this problem and I must be missing something.  

Draw a curved stroke. Place 'Text on a curve' tool and type in text.  The colour of the stroke will disappear and any stroke colour changes you make will not fix the stroke colour but only be applied to the Text outline colour.  

I've tried many things and must be missing something. It works in every other software I use. 

When you create text on a curve, the curve changes from a stroke to a path (so it doesn’t have a width or a colour). If you want to retain the stroke, you need to duplicate it before adding the text.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Okay well this is then becomes a feature request. As changing the curve would have to be done in both the stroke and the text on the duplicated curve which would be difficult to do . I understand this may be better done in Designer (which I haven't tried)  but it is no problem in InDesign and Illustrator. I understand if you are simply making one size without adjustments needed it should be easy. I am always adjusting afterward. 

Plus grouping the two 'strokes' will not work at all. 

It’s doable, but it requires careful management of duplicated layers.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yes, but your plan must be well figured out so you don't need to change or adjust strokes. I just tried it and it's not good at all. Sad thing. Perhaps one day.  

I'm still trying to find a way in Designer. No luck so far. The stroke colour disappears and the font changes to the stroke colours. Baffling. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.