You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Updated Linked Files from Designer Mess up Affinity Pages

Hello!

I have been using Affinity Publisher for the past week to create a brochure. I used Affinity Publisher for all of the text and used Affinity Designer for all of the images. In Designer I created 8 dartboards, 1 for each page. In Publisher, added a picture frame to each page. I then select which artboard/page I want for the background in the booklet.  When I make changes in Designer, I open Resource Manger and update all of the images. (Hopefully this will changed to happen automatically).  However, when I do so, it reverts each background/picture frame to the first artboard in the Designer file.  I then have to go back through each page in Publisher and tell it which page/artboard to pull from Designer. 

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? 

Thanks! 

16 hours ago, JLion18 said:

Hopefully this will changed to happen automatically

Preferences -> General -> Automatically update linked resources when modified externally

16 hours ago, JLion18 said:

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? 

This was reported on another thread somewhere around the forum and is a bug.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.