Develop :  58 sec 

Tone mapping Persona 
Startup : 56 sec   
APPLY  :  34 sec

I'm a happy man  ...

Thanks @Mark Ingram

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

I've found your previous post on this topic in the other thread. These numbers are better than the last ones.

But I first found this post and wondered, these aren't especially good numbers, are they? 25 seconds for startup is – ages! Felt, at least.

I've just measured 1.6.5 and 1.7.0.243 startup times on my computer (Win 10 x64, i7-3770, 16 GB). After a few iterations for warmup, it's 20 vs 15 seconds. Not much better. I'm still waiting for that thing to let me start working.

While 1.6 shows the splashscreen (with "loading fonts") for almost all the time, the 1.7 beta shows the splashscreen half the time while the other half I've got an empty application window with a spinning mouse cursor. If that second half of the waiting could go away, I'd be much happier!

For reference, I timed the latest beta on my 4 year old Dell XPS 15 laptop. It was 3 seconds until it said "Loading fonts", then 3 seconds of that, then another 3 seconds of the application window and no splash screen, before everything was ready (for a total of around 9 seconds).

Hopefully we can do something about the delay between splash screen disappearing and main window becoming usable.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.