3 minutes ago, Oval said:

time

On 8/20/2014 at 11:28 AM, boudewijndanser said:

It would be very useful to have functions to select the same:

• Color
  • fill
  • stroke (color / width)
  • Appearance

To quickly select all your outlines, or background element in 1 color. 

Speed is everything.  :)

Approaching 6 years...

This won't change the next five+ years:

image.png.d7cc2410817d66dd716c53ca19e06ad2.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 1 month later...

Adding this feature as well as DXF-support would enable me to leave Adobe forever. For my illustration work as an architect I'm relying on importing and then quickly sorting thousands of lines exported from 3D-models.

Hope to see support for selecting by colour in the near future! Keep up the good work, Affinity-team! ❤️

I must have select similar. Now. This minute. End of today will be too late.

I can tell you, this program is ABSOLUTELY F**king USELESS without the menu that allows me to select by similar (stroke width, colour, whatever).

How can it be even marketed and how can you have the audacity to accept money for this? It CANNOT BE USED like this. Do you hear?

This point is crucial. It has shifted me from liking Affinity and telling people to get the products, to the complete opposite now. They’re not only bad, but dangerous. What if someone were to actually buy this product on my recommendation? That would be terrible. I can’t associate myself with using Affinity products now.

I still need to do select similar. It MUST be able to let me select similar. IT MUST.

3 minutes ago, Ian Tindale said:

This point is crucial. It has shifted me from liking Affinity and telling people to get the products, to the complete opposite now. They’re not only bad, but dangerous. What if someone were to actually buy this product on my recommendation? That would be terrible. I can’t associate myself with using Affinity products now.

I still need to do select similar. It MUST be able to let me select similar. IT MUST.

So there are Probably hundreds of people subscribed to this thread that you’re currently spamming with email notifications. We are with you though in sympathizing and outright frustration, this is a huge oversight on Affinity’s part, but given that it isn’t a priority for them, you’re going to need to just get a trial, month, or ongoing subscription of Adobe Illustrator, because that’s what all of us have to do without select similar.

Just now, Ian Tindale said:

When I can select similar, then of course I won't need to post in this thread.

I’m not saying don’t post. I’m just asking to please be considerate of others who, most likely, agree with the sentiment. 

We all want this feature and have done for years. Yes, I’m pretty fed up about it too. But receiving 10 email notifications in quick succession, visiting the thread and actually struggling to get to the most recent post because some of yours are so long the page crashes my phone browser and the page is reloaded repeatedly is just counter productive.

@Ian Tindale

If you really MUST and don't want to/can't use Illustrator there's a plan B: Open your file in Inkscape, select similar, do your adjustments, save and open in Designer.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

• Staff

Hi Ian Tindale,
We understand this is a highly requested feature and your frustration (and everyone else's) for not having it available yet, but that doesn't justify hacking the thread and ruining the experience for everyone else - It doesn't make it any more clear than the 21 pages of comments this thread already has, neither will make its development any faster than what's possible with the time and resources we have. Thanks for understanding.

5 minutes ago, Ian Tindale said:

It’s on the way, then? That’s good news.

I agree that an official update on this would be appreciated. One that doesn’t treat us all like kids. It can be caveated, but it would be good to understand what the current aspirations are for when / which version this feature is targeted for @MEB

4 hours ago, robinp said:

I’m not saying don’t post. I’m just asking to please be considerate of others who, most likely, agree with the sentiment. 

We all want this feature and have done for years. Yes, I’m pretty fed up about it too. But receiving 10 email notifications in quick succession, visiting the thread and actually struggling to get to the most recent post because some of yours are so long the page crashes my phone browser and the page is reloaded repeatedly is just counter productive.

I have to echo this sentiment.

This is not even a key feature for me, extensions and plugins are, but I am subscribed and considering the interest here along with the time elapsed this might be seen as a litmus test for AD's growth and development generally.