You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[ADe] Select same color / fill / stroke / appearance

28 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi CLC,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If I remember correctly this never was listed in the roadmap. It was one of the developers that confirmed it's planned for an upcoming version (no eta specified an unlikely in the 1.x cycle).

Thanks for clarification @MEB.

I'm so sad so useful and basic feature still isn't part of AD though.

20 hours ago, MEB said:

If I remember correctly this never was listed in the roadmap.

This is a good example of why features should be left on the roadmap and marked as implemented (instead of being removed after implementation).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 minutes ago, Alfred said:

This is a good example of why features should be left on the roadmap and marked as implemented (instead of being removed after implementation).

Tracking on the Roadmap would be a good way to avoid a lot of threads asking for things.

Best regards!

• 4 weeks later...

I too second this request.

With the ‘select same ...’ feature I would have fased out Illustrator by now. It is a vital feature in my daily work.

I often get files (pdf) exported from GIS applications, containing dozens, sometimes hundreds, of lines that need to be worked on.

Imagine selecting them one by one.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

14 minutes ago, Tazintosh said:

Let me correct this statement for you: “I too million this request”

Is that “I, too, million this request” or “I two-million this request”? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

After several years of not having Adobe Products in my computers... I had to install a trial version of Illustrator just for this functions...

I had to clean a very large amount of elements in more than 200 files, and the only way to quickly and effectively clean a lot of extra elements was with commands like 'Select Same Fill Color', 'Select same stroke weight', etc. etc.

So PLEASE Affinity!!!... Include this set of commands ASAP.

Did I said PLEASE?? If not. PLEASE!!! :D

36 minutes ago, jadedesign said:

Just noticed this thread is FIVE years old. Come on

I can only hope that now, when 1.7 was released, this little, tiny and very important feature is finally going to get on the feature list for the next point release, along with mesh/warp/envelope distort. These two would finally make Designer my only vector tool.

12 minutes ago, CLC said:

I can only hope that now, when 1.7 was released, this little, tiny and very important feature is finally going to get on the feature list for the next release, along with mesh/warp/envelope distort. These two would finally make Designer my only vector tool.

Sorry, man, but you're having a laugh if you think this'll make it into 1.8. It's not even on the roadmap and like @MEB said above it's not likely to be in a 1.x version which places it eons away (still).

Yeah, I can't believe this still isn't implemented. I literally use AD (and AI previously) for one or two core tasks and being able to select all objects with similar attributes is essential. It just doesn't do what it needs to do at the moment.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:05 AM, arispk said:

First time trying out AD in version 1.7. Also looking for this feature (select by same fill/stroke color).

Please, developers, @MEB, make this feature in your top list, before 1.8!

It's part of AD's usability and "purchasability" ^_^

Otherwise, I still have to rely on AI -_-

I think we may need to face up to the realisation this, and some other, highly requested features may not appear in any 2019 release much less in 1.8— it's a request dating back ~5 years and still has no fixed ETA, so best go with your plan B on this one.

Seeing the posts here makes me feel that many may be holding out in hope above reason, as it's apparent Serif, as is their right, clearly have different priorities or focus.

That being said, still rooting for AD, IMO Illustrator needs an equal in the marketplace.

Just noticed this thread goes back to 2014 so I've probably already added a few +1nz  - but sod it heres another:

+1

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

7 minutes ago, jamesholden said:

Seeing the posts here makes me feel that many may be holding out in hope above reason, as it's apparent Serif, as is their right, clearly have different priorities or focus.

Maybe, but it does seem like it should be a fairly straightforward feature to implement. Obviously I don't actually know how Designer is structured, but it would seem unthinkable to me that the attributes of each element cannot be interrogated in some fashion. Surely it is then a question of providing the UI for doing it.