You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[ADe] Select same color / fill / stroke / appearance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I mentioned about QuarkXPress powerful "Item Find/Change" but I didn't attached a picture. So, here it is.

post-232-0-42603800-1486370745_thumb.png

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised a must feature like this one has not been implemented yet. To me the lack of this feature is a deal breaker, I usually export complex drawings from CAD software and I always have to reorganize the artwork because it cames without layers. In Illustrator, It takes me no more than 2 minutes to organizes the drawing, but having to do it manually is not an option. 

So please, if you could implement this I would really appreciate that. I'm testing Designer and I am really enjoying the software, way faster than Illy.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised a must feature like this one has not been implemented yet. To me the lack of this feature is a deal breaker

This is one of the often used features in Illustrator that I had forgotten about when I jumped into the program. 3 years in and still not on the roadmap. Even Inkscape, which this was supposed to replace can do it.  :(

+1 To see this critical workflow feature added sooner rather than never.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I use the "select same" options and more often the magic wand (with tolerance set to 0) in illustrator constantly.

Common usage for me is updating colors in older designs when a color guide changes, or when a client changes their mind about an often used color or stroke in the document (or I do) and need to update it. Magic Wand with a tolerance of 0 makes it easy to do in Illustrator.

Quarkexpress looks even more powerful than these Illustrator features- so I wouldn't cry if we had something more powerful than illustrator, but it at least needs to be as powerful as illustrator.

Swatches are fundamentally different in QXP and ID. And it makes sense for them and believe this to be true for the eventual APub. It would be a disservice to APub if it carried along the swatch model of AD.

But for a design application such as AD where colors can be done ad hoc (and ought to be able to be done this way), the solution really is to include the select options from Illy. (That doesn't mean that I like the swatch options in AD. I don't. A swatch simply ought to be what is called in AD a global color.)

• 4 weeks later...

I just realized AD didn't have this feature. The lack of these (or Affinity-ish implementation) selection options seriously hinder my work as well, I temporarily need to switch back to Ai for this reason.

I must say I'm not amused that this thread started almost 3 years ago.

[ +1 for the feature ]

MBP 15" + iPad Pro 10,5"

macOS High Sierra 10.14 | iOS 13 | latest Affinity Photo & Designer & Publisher (and Betas)

I just realized AD didn't have this feature. The lack of these (or Affinity-ish implementation) selection options seriously hinder my work as well, I temporarily need to switch back to Ai for this reason.

I must say I'm not amused that this thread started almost 3 years ago.

[ +1 for the feature ]

A thread opened 3 years ago and way overdue for an a official response.

+1.

Only on day two of using AD full-time instead of Illustrator, and this is the first tool I've really missed, needing to change the appearance of dozens of tiny paths. 

Development of this feature has my full support!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...