You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[ADe] Select same color / fill / stroke / appearance

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This would be a massive timesaver - I've had a few jobs that I've set out to do entirely in designer but had to give up and switch back to illustrator for this feature just to save time and cursing - should be a priority!

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Radium,

I'm sorry, but i messed my reply :( I confused the title of this thread  (which pertains to selecting objects by their attributes) with the ability to use multiple strokes/fills/fx etc per shape which is one of the features planned for 1.x version and listed on our roadmap.

Selecting object by their attributes is also planned but i don't know when it will be implemented.

Please accept my apologies. 

This was asked before.

I include a screen capture of all the options available in the Find & Replace and Select dialog from FreeHand.

It was great to have something like this :-)

This powerful options can be found nowadays in QuarkXPress only.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 1 month later...

Select by attribute is one of two critical features that keep Illustrator (CS6) on my machine. The other being "transform each". The two functions work great together to allow one to select a bunch of similar objects and transform each of them at once, but not as a group. I am super hopeful that these features get added to your roadmap. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1 (+1000)

I had high hopes, when i started to read the thread. 

I thought: "good, somebody requested this in 2014. Now it's the end of 2016. For sure it's implemented right?" ... later on the pages: "oh, it's on the road-map, great!" 

Got disappointed when reached end. 

Come on. It's almost 3 years.

Extremely important time saving feature. I feel lost without it. Really needed. 

• 3 weeks later...

From mid 2014 until 01/2017 - though on the feature-wishlist of so many it is totally ignored. That's why I still have to use more than one vector tool, Image tool, and so forth... c'mon, guys, either drop it and say it or make it happen. 

I have a floorplan in which hundreds of thin lines need to be a bit thicker - an impossible task with AD  :(  :wacko:

Sometimes I wonder how (if, at all) the makers of all these tools (AD, AI,...) work with them in real life...