You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Beta Version 1.7.0 failed to install, previous version wiped.

Welcome to the Affinity forums, TreforE.

Which 1.7.0 version did you download, and from where? My signature info below this post points to the current one (1.7.0.238).

"Failed to install" is also quite vague. When you tried, what happened?

If you haven't done so already, try rebooting before you run the next install. If that doesn't help, try right-clicking on the installer .exe file and choosing Run as Administrator.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for your help Will. i have since loaded 1.7.0.238 after rebooting, which I have never had to do before for an update. Previouslywhen I tried to install the process was started but stopped about 25% thru and said "failed to install" no reason given. Seems OK now.

21 minutes ago, TreforE said:

i have since loaded 1.7.0.238 after rebooting, which I have never had to do before for an update.

If you're on Windows whether you need to reboot or not is entirely up to Windows and what has run previously or is running when you do the install. It's always safest to reboot, and not have any other applications running, when you want to install something. Few users bother to do that, of course, and usually everything works out OK. But sometimes it doesn't, because something in Windows is messed up or some application that's running has some Windows resource locked so it can't be used by the installer.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Had the same issue with a previous version, but was called away on some health issues so could not respond.  However, two revs later I tried again and issue had disappeared.

By letting Serif know, as you have, maybe they can look into their bug hx for similar.  Please let them know more details, i.e. what platform, et al.

Good Luck!

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
(Still stumbling along given too many directions at any given moment)
Windows10 platform