You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incorrect tabulation order

I do not know if it has already been requested, but I think it would be advisable to change the tab order in the transformation panel. Any designer or layout designer, when positioning and resizing an object, thinks first of the position coordinates and the size of the object. It would be logical that when pressing tabulator in the transformation panel, follow the order: position X, position Y, width, height. But now the order is: position X, width, position Y, height. Would not it be more logical and easy to make that small change?
This occurs in all Affinity applications: Designer, Photo and Publisher.

Transform panel correct.png

• Staff

Hi Vicente Bermúdez,

Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for your feedback, I'll move this thread to Feature Requests for our devs to see and consider!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

It's been requested for two years, and still nothing :-(

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 8 months later...

In the latest beta versions of Affinity Publisher the tab order in the transformation panel was corrected to be: X, Y, W, H. And in the final versions of AD and AP the same was done. In the beginning everything worked fine, but now all the applications return to malfunction and have returned to order: X, W, Y, H. I have read a message that states that this happens when the panel is decoupled and I have verified that it is true. In Affinity Photo it worked fine, I have decoupled it and it has behaved incorrectly as in the other applications. I have tried to restore the study, but the wrong behavior persists and there is no way to return to the correct state. Any suggestions on this?
Thank you.

On 15. Februar 2019 at 2:08 PM, Dan C said:

move this thread to Feature Requests

Please move it to the BUGs, because it still is inconsistent. Hopefully that will end this frustrating situation. BTW: Sometimes the “Link” is included …

19 hours ago, Vicente Bermúdez said:

In Affinity Photo it worked fine, I have decoupled it and it has behaved incorrectly as in the other applications. I have tried to restore the study, but the wrong behavior persists and there is no way to return to the correct state. Any suggestions on this?
Thank you.

That explains the problem I came across, remove the Transform studio and it is broken. The only way to get back to X, Y, W, H is to start with the Control key held down and have the Reset Studio checked. A bug for certain.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
20 hours ago, Vicente Bermúdez said:

In Affinity Photo it worked fine, I have decoupled it and it has behaved incorrectly as in the other applications. I have tried to restore the study, but the wrong behavior persists and there is no way to return to the correct state

This is already logged with the developers as a bug, I'll bump the report with your thread now. Thanks for your report!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Yes it's logged for all Affinity apps.

My apologies, I'm not certain what you're referring to in regards to a 'Link' selection?

3 hours ago, Dan C said:

I'm not certain what you're referring to in regards to a 'Link' selection

Again: In separated mode or if the panel is separated, the “Link” is included in the tab cycle.

FYI:

• […]
  • Link Link—when enabled, width and height are adjusted in proportion to each other, maintaining the current aspect ratio. When deselected, they can be adjusted independently.
  • R—Rotation. Rotates the object (layer) by a specified number of degrees in relation to the selected anchor point.
  • S—Shear. Shears the object (layer) by a specified number of degrees in relation to the selected anchor point.

HTH

• Staff

Thanks for confirming - I've tried to replicate this and unfortunately I'm not seeing the same behaviour.

Other than entering separated mode, are there any other steps to reproduce this?

• Staff

Thanks for that, I've tried this morning using my Mac on Catalina 10.15 and my colleagues Mojave 10.14 and I haven't been able to replicate this in either Separated or Non Separated mode, with the Transform Studio both docked in it's default location or undocked, and with the Link both activated and deactivated. Unfortunately at no point was the 'Link' selected when tabbing through. Could you possibly provide a screen recording of this?

5 hours ago, Dan C said:

tried this morning using my Mac on Catalina 10.15 and my colleagues Mojave 10.14

This (newer than 10.12) is why you could not replicate it. The "problem”* exists on 10.8 and 10.11 for example.

*We think it is a feature

• Staff

My apologies, I misunderstood your wording in this regard.

I've just tested on 10.9 and 10.11 and unfortunately I still cannot replicate this - do you have a screen recording showing the issue?

On 10/30/2019 at 3:50 AM, Dan C said:

Thanks for that, I've tried this morning using my Mac on Catalina 10.15 and my colleagues Mojave 10.14 and I haven't been able to replicate this in either Separated or Non Separated mode, with the Transform Studio both docked in it's default location or undocked, and with the Link both activated and deactivated. Unfortunately at no point was the 'Link' selected when tabbing through. Could you possibly provide a screen recording of this?

On 10/30/2019 at 9:46 AM, Dan C said:

My apologies, I misunderstood your wording in this regard.

I've just tested on 10.9 and 10.11 and unfortunately I still cannot replicate this - do you have a screen recording showing the issue?

May be a misunderstanding about Separated.

here is a little movie, the only way to get back to X, Y, W, H is to restart with Control held down.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Thanks Bruce, the issue shown in your screen recording is already logged with our developers - the issue Oval is referring to is TAB selecting the 'Link' on the right hand side of W&H - which through all my testing I've been unable to replicate thus far.

• 2 years later...

3 years later, and still not fixed… 😞

Please increase the priority of this; it's a serious deal breaker, when I'm trying to put items at the correct coordinates and use X-TAB-Y as the way to match recently memorized coordinates. Having to hit tab TWICE to get from X to Y is a total productivity showstopper, and results in several suddenly-widening objects.

11 hours ago, Hots said:

3 years later, and still not fixed…

See my previous link 🙂

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.