Sign in to follow this  
Tomáš Luža

Tools shortcut - going to previous tool

Hello there,

shortcuts for tools have a bit annoying functions (atleast for me). First one is when you press a shortcut more than one time it cycles through other "modes" of that tool (this I solved with rebinding a keymap). Second one is when you press shortcut more than one time and you previously pressed another tool then it switches you back to that previous tool. Now this second one I wasn't able to solve and it is disturbing my workflow. Is there a way to turn it off somehow?

Thank you,

T.

Hi Tomáš Luža,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The latest Affinity Photo Beta already allows you to turn off the cycle between tools of the same group and switching between current and last tool - go to Affinity Photo Preferences, Tools section and tick Use ⇧ modifier to cycle tools. This should be implemented in an upcoming Beta of Designer too I believe.

Hello MEB,

thank you for your time. So if I get it correctly this function is already in beta? I am using the latest master build so that is that but I'll gladly wait till new version comes up and it is good to know that Use ⇧ modifier to cycle tools is going to be implemented. I suppose that there is no fixed release date of this new version yet by any means ?:)

T.