You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blurry EPS/SVG in PDF export

Trying to export to PDF to get business cards printed. I imported a PSD template from moo.com with the right color spaces / etc. 

Tried importing my logo in EPS and SVG, which looks fine on screen. But when exporting to PDF it rasterizes. Afraid it's going to print terribly and considering just exporting a massive PNG instead.

Disclaimer: I basically never do print work and have used Photoshop for under 3 hours in my life. Affinity Photo is a totally different app for me (Fireworks to Sketch user).

It sounds like you are adding your logo to an existing document, which makes one document embedded inside another. The embedded document will always be rasterised at the moment. If you open the EPS or SVG directly from File > Open instead, then it will retain its vectors. You can either edit it from there, or copy and paste it into another document and that will retain vectors too.

The way we handle embedded documents isn't ideal, I'm afraid. We'll fix it one day.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.