You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can affinity Designer run an action like photoshop ?

Hi,

I have loads of wmf images I need to convert as Microsoft have stopped wmf from displaying,

rather than have to open each one, one by one select export gif and save, I wish I could record those actions, then apply the named actions to a chosen folder with the wmf files in, as one can in photoshop.

Is this possible ?

else how does AD carry out such mundane tasks on hundreds of files in a folder ?

Steve1

In APh you would use Batch Processing for the bulk conversion of images, to those batch jobs also simpler macros (not the same level as Actions in PS) can be applied. - See:

For macros see:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I have AD but not APh which I presume is Affinity Photo, but wmf is a vector file and I have it open in AD a vector prog.  I use Pshop for rasters.

Would I need to buy Affinity Photo just to convert wmf files ? Can I get AD to batch convert or not ? I can export individual wmf files from it, but batch convert would be quicker.

Steve1

18 minutes ago, Steve1 said:

Would I need to buy Affinity Photo just to convert wmf files ? Can I get AD to batch convert or not ?

Yes only Affinity Photo offers that Batch Processing and macros usage so far. - And NO Affinity Designer can not Batch process a bulk of files!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

@Steve1 On Win you can use for batch conversion also other free tools (just ask the Google search engine) ...

A very fast and good one is IrfanView here which also can bulk convert WMF into other formats ...