You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows 10 Themes - me & [AD] hard at work!

Cristian Dragos

simplify_10_dark_colorful___windows_10_t

Hey guys... I've been using AD a lot in the last year and I wanted to share with you some of the results.

As you can see in these images, my main project consists of creating Windows 10 Themes, which is basically UI design... and in this department, AD has no actual competition on Windows (Adobe XD is far too featureless for what I need and PS is a nightmare to use for UI design).

While working with tons of artboards and a lot of exports, this is where AD shines, as the Export Persona makes my life a whole lot easier.

But at the same time, I found some flaws in AD, which is not a bad thing because I was able to do my part in the community and offer experiential feedback to help improve the app.

Now, what can I say about my work... the theme above is called Simplify 10 Dark Colorful which is inspired partially by the MacOS UI, and bellow I have something for the Linux fans as well, a collection of 10 themes called Maverick 10 which is inspired by the Ubuntu design language. Over time I made many other themes and I also use AD for web design exclusively now and in time I hope to make it my main design tool.

If you like my work, then head over to deviantArt and check out my entire gallery: deviantart.com/dpcdpc11

Thank you for making this amazing piece of software!

maverick_10___windows_10_theme_pack_by_d

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!

1 minute ago, wigglepixel said:

Looks great. Love the minimalistic dark look. I am surprised it's even possible in win10 themes to style the controlboxes on top

Thank you for the kind words :)

Windows 10 is still quite customizable, even though it's not what it used to be during the Windows 7 golden age.

But when UWP apps will take over the Windows ecosystem (which I hope it won't happen to soon), custom themes will become redundant since the UWP UI can't be overwritten by a Windows custom theme, and then everything will become boring once again :(

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!