You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is one thing Adobe Illustrator does very poorly. There is no ruler tool in it that is usable. You can to use a shape and then cmd-z to undo it after you have measure.

The Illustrator ruler tool also doesn't snap to guides. Any 0,0 ruler needs to snap to the guide lines. Vector is about precision and if you can't snap things to specific dimensions and ratios, it's not so useful. 

I would love to see a good Measure tool in AD and AP... something that measures angles, distances, etc. This of course could be the beginnings of a labeling/dimensioning too, which admittedly is more CAD-like, but still very useful for marking up concept renderings...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

A CAD persona is a great idea. I just went through hell dealing with a packaging job which demanded exact measurements. It is possible to do in other vector programs, but not very fun. Affinity isn't quite there yet for the physical print jobs.

I would love to see a good Measure tool in AD and AP... something that measures angles, distances, etc. This of course could be the beginnings of a labeling/dimensioning too, which admittedly is more CAD-like, but still very useful for marking up concept renderings...

there is a measure tool in Illustrator, it is hidden behind the eyedropper tool -

what i miss the most in AD, until now since i just bought it for the easy/quick to use it looks like, is the eyedropper tool to copy quickly a style from an object. I know i can just create a style and apply it but I feel more comfortable with that tool

also for a professional print oriented use i do miss an overprint managing/viewing mode 

keep on the wave you are doing just great

and F$%k big A and their prices !!! it was about time to have some real competitors - thanks