You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Advanced Vector brush settings

Hello.

This is my second request in one week so I am copying the introduction from the first one: 

so far iam a huge fan of this app! I’ve tried a few others but was always missing some key features like the combination of path nodes and boolean operators or an innovative and handy UI, Layer masks etc. It seems like in this app there are almost no limits :) 

But there are a few little things I would like to request as a feature which I expirienced as very useful in different apps before.

On this topic I am referring to the possibilities of creating your own vector brush as seen in the “concepts app” before. There are a lot more options which I would love to see in affinity designer! Similar to the options on the pixel studio I would find it very useful to randomize the rotation, the sensitivity, the size or the different sources for a vector brush. And it would be great if you could implement the tilt recognition of the Appel Pencil for those as well. So it would be possible to control the size by pressure and the opacity by that tilt for example :)

Thank you in advance for your responses! Cheers,

JCL

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, JCL87 said:

Are there any plans of real vector brushes for future updates?

Serif generally does not comment on future plans.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1