You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Developing Performance #240

1 hour ago, IndigoMoon said:

Thanks Mark, well done!

Pressing the Tone Mapping Icon improves now on my machine to 19 seconds and no crashes anymore repeating the procedure.

But #243 still takes longer for developing, so I did some investigation... Noise Reduction

Thanks for those results. Does it continue to take ~19 seconds if you repeat the procedure? I note that in 1.6 it got slower each time you tried.

It should be quicker to load a RAW file, but slower to Apply in Develop Persona. This is due to a change in the Develop algorithm in 1.7 builds (it now produces a better result, at the expense that it takes longer).

35 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Does it continue to take ~19 seconds if you repeat the procedure?

Yes, always 19 seconds or even reduced to 17 - 18 seconds. So, no accumulation anymore.

38 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

...but slower to Apply in Develop Persona...

But it seems only the new noise reduction algorithm slows down the development significantly.

43 minutes ago, IndigoMoon said:

Yes, always 19 seconds or even reduced to 17 - 18 seconds. So, no accumulation anymore.

Great. That's what we were hoping to achieve. There was a problem in all previous versions that would cause operations to gradually get slower over time. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.