You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Minor typo on UK English splash screen

As shown in the screenshot accompanying this post, the splash screen refers to ‘Third party licenses’. For UK English it should say ‘Third party licences’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

My late brother-in-law and I could argue for hours over whether that is a typo or a spelling mistake. Good times, my sister will disagree about the 'Good' as she had to listen to it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

That is what my sister would say at about one a.m. just before she tossed me out.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi Alfred,

That screenshot was taken when I had my language set to English (United States).

I've changed to English and the screen says 'Third party licences' which is correct.

The text at the bottom is not translated for any of the languages which is why it said 'colour(s)'

4 minutes ago, Chris B said:

The text at the bottom is not translated for any of the languages...

Ah, OK, I hadn’t realized that! In that case, I’m a little surprised that Pantone colours aren’t referred to as ‘colors’.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
10 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Ah, OK, I hadn’t realized that! In that case, I’m a little surprised that Pantone colours aren’t referred to as ‘colors’.

Yes, I am too. However it's simply because we haven't translated any of it—for any language. I'll find out if it needs doing.

4 minutes ago, Chris B said:

it's simply because we haven't translated any of it

What I meant was rather the opposite, Chris: you have actually translated it, to British English from Pantone LLC’s American English! ;)

Alfred spacer.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.