You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text frame fill and stroke opacity

[1.7.0.238]

I can't seem to find a way to numerically change the Opacity value for the Fill and Stroke of a Text Frame.

I think also the Text Frame colour is showing the 'RGB version' of the colour, when you compare the swatch colours on the left side of each of the opacity sliders.

text-frame-opacity-missing-percentage-option.png

colour-opacity-with-percentage-option.png

v2.4.1 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.4.1

I don't think you can set the opacity numerically in a text frame. I'd guess the devs just forgot so I would put that in as a feature request if I were you.

I agree that your text frame fill looks wrong but I'm not getting that here. All my colours look the same. The colour next to the eyedropper is a different kind of thing & can be completely different. Maybe someone else can help.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• Staff

Hi Jonopen,

I don't believe this fly out style dialog has ever had an input box for the Opacity - I'll get that passed on to development. Regarding the colour, I've tried that myself and it is definitely appearing as CMYK for me - see attached screenshot. Is this always in RGB for you, or is it correct on a new document? Could you attach the document this is failing in please?

Thanks!

TextFrameColour.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.