You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

offensive splash screen

Hello Affinity 

I like your apps a lot, but every time I open Photo I am struck by the female face image of the splash screen. In this day and age I am surprised that you would go with such a sexist splash screen.  It makes me want to not open the app. As I started hunting around for a way to delete this app resource, it occurred to me that I should air my opinion, so here it is.

Martin Brooks

Which version of APh are you running?

I just opened the latest release (1.6.5.123) and Beta (1.7.0.240) on Windows and both feature a splash screen whose initial panel shows a male face!!  Perhaps that should be described as sexist??

I'm sorry, but I think this is very much a "red herring".  :S

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

@Chris B

Ah!! Yes, now understood.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

1 minute ago, Chris B said:

We're using this one now, Martin:

For the UK English splash screen (as indicated by the spelling of ‘colour’) it should refer to ‘Third party licences’, not ‘Third party licenses’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

We're using this one now, Martin:

Nice but boring, please bring back the sexist naked females, models need to work too

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

As the new beta does not have this image I am closing this thread as fixed.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon