Hello Affinity 

I like your apps a lot, but every time I open Photo I am struck by the female face image of the splash screen. In this day and age I am surprised that you would go with such a sexist splash screen.  It makes me want to not open the app. As I started hunting around for a way to delete this app resource, it occurred to me that I should air my opinion, so here it is.

Martin Brooks

Which version of APh are you running?

I just opened the latest release (1.6.5.123) and Beta (1.7.0.240) on Windows and both feature a splash screen whose initial panel shows a male face!!  Perhaps that should be described as sexist??

I'm sorry, but I think this is very much a "red herring".  :S

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

@emmrecs01 - Martin is referring to the initial screen that appears when you first run the app up. This has now changed to a waterfall in the current beta. 

@Chris B

Ah!! Yes, now understood.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

1 minute ago, Chris B said:

We're using this one now, Martin:

For the UK English splash screen (as indicated by the spelling of ‘colour’) it should refer to ‘Third party licences’, not ‘Third party licenses’.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

We're using this one now, Martin:

Nice but boring, please bring back the sexist naked females, models need to work too

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.