You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

create document palette from document creates a new palette EVERY time you use it.

Why does the Command "create document palette from document" recreate a new palette over and over again? Instead of updating the existing one?

Also these colours should be GLOBAL colours by default - at least please give us a preference for this or an option.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

sure, but what's the more likely use-case for a dtp-app?

You don't want to lose oversight of your assets. A (pre-defined) simple set of project related color-swatches being a part of it -besides linked Images and consistent typography.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);

I would not expect either command to be useful for 99% of the documents that anyone would be creating originally within Publisher.  The colors in the document should originate from the palette, not the reverse.

This strikes me as a feature to help build a starter palette when importing a document from another source.

In that context, you would use it once to get the colors that are already present then work from there, so "updating" the palette from the document doesn't impress me as being useful.  How would you use that capability?

I do agree that creating them as global colors and linking the colors in the document back to them in the process would make a lot of sense - but this is a feature request, not a bug.

Well, this feature "looks" like the already familiar, very useful feature from old Indesign CS5 "Add Unnamed Colors": https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/swatches.html

It does nearly the same, but just not quite right (e.g. slightly, but consistently wrong colors / not applied to original object) so that it's completely useless to me. (read: Yes, I will not use this at all.)

And given that the awesome Affinity team already spent as much time implementing it to this level – it'd be a shame for them to stop 2 meters in front if the finish line and call it a day. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.