You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi All,

Not sure if this has been brought up or if I am posting in right place, but has there been any mention of making a version of AD for the iPad? The reason I ask is that I always found myself using the iPad version of iDraw when I was away from my desk. The files of the iDraw iPad version and desktop version sync nicely so I can always finish later on my desktop. This is also true of Adobes Line iPad app and Illustrator as far as I have read. I'm going to try it out later.

Just wondering...

Chris

Yeah that's an official Affinity video, as you can see from the owner... Do a search here on the forums for iPad, you'll find some info on it...

ronnyb- is that real? If so, is that a Alpha or Beta version?

MEB - can you tell us approximately when it will be released? Pretty please ;)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

It's a video of me using it on my iPad - we were having a play over Christmas when it's a bit quieter in the office, just to see if it was viable... turns out that after optimising a few things it actually runs REALLY well! :D  Also got handoff offering to transfer to/from the desktop version and all your documents work over iCloud so it's a really nice experience. The best thing of all is that it uses exactly the same backend - so if you have a multi-gigapixel, n-million object design, it should still load and edit on your iPad - and not too shabbily either! Most iPad applications are cut-down ones that can only have a fixed number of layers or options - not this one - it's the full thing but running on your phone/tablet! :)

We just need a fantastic UI now - our testing UI was just a quick hack to make something with buttons we could click to show it all works, but there's no point releasing an iPad app without a really thoughtful UI because it'll just end up sitting unused on your iPad - and we want you to love using it!

Awesome! I never wanted my iPad to collect dust, so this is definitely the last feature that I needed to know for my decision: iDraw or Affinity Designer? I have been following AD for over a month and I fell in love with it, with the beautiful and friendly interface yet so powerful! I will definitely buy it by next week! I just hope that the app will run okay on iPad Air (2013), judging by the similar specs of the Air and Air 2 (shown in the teaser) it should be alright

can't wait!

2014 MacBook Air 13" Intel Core i7 @ 1.7 GHz (Turbo Boost 3.3 GHz); 8 GB RAM; 500 GB SSD Boot Disk; Intel HD at 1536 MB VRAM.

Matt, stop teasing us until you're ready to release … it's so unfair that just you developers get to play around with it …  ;)

well, they created it.... they can do whatever they like really  :D  but they are good people, they listen to their customers constantly, that's what i hear. I know this app is in good hands!!  :lol:

@MattP any comments about releasing a dedicated AD app for iPhone as well?? :huh:  just wondering

2014 MacBook Air 13" Intel Core i7 @ 1.7 GHz (Turbo Boost 3.3 GHz); 8 GB RAM; 500 GB SSD Boot Disk; Intel HD at 1536 MB VRAM.

• Staff

Hi ChrisP,

I also have an iPad 3 so I'll obviously aim to make it work with that too - but we might have to turn off some bits due to a complete lack of CPU-horsepower otherwise the user experience would not be good... Even when I first got the iPad 3 it was pretty clear that they'd not got enough 'under-the-hood' for the number of pixels on the screen - and they obviously knew this because the iPad 4 with much faster CPU was launched really quite soon afterwards, I think?

I asked Adonit to send me a stylus just after Christmas so that I could implement support for it - and I'm still waiting for it! Might have to chase them up again! :S

Cheers,

Matt

Haha! I have an iPhone 5S, that would be sick to see, Affinity on a smartphone!!! I'd love to see Adobe on an iPhone; heck they couldn't even get FLASH to run decently, imagine getting Illustrator, LMAO! C'mon, let's see the 5S video, Matt...!!!

It even ran well on my iPhone 5S :D

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 4 months later...