You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

what is the default color profile on affinity photo? the sRGB or ROMM RGB profile?

I looked in the forums and google but i couldn't  really find a solid answer. Im working on an album cover and normally for all my work (regardless of if i plan to print or not i) just set it to "print" when i open a new document. I may have fiddled a bit with the profiles in the past but i cant remember what the default is. does it make any difference? 

sRGB! - Usually if you create a new doc that's the default applied. Or when you open a photo which hasn't an assigned/embedded icc color profile, that's the default assigned.

sRGB is here the common smallest common denominator for all sort of display devices. ROMM RGB (aka ProPhoto RGB) in contrast has a much wider gamut than sRGB, ROMM RGB is a good use as a photo software internal manipulation working color space and as far as you have a wide gamut monitor to make most visable usage out of it's wider color spectrum. But for an usual exchange of images, the Web or looking the images on smaller portable display devices etc. sRGB is the defacto standard they (all monitor devices) at least understand.

gamut.jpg.2dbd198389d56182be1625374a16eb9e.jpg

gamut2.jpg.78c00657777585901b6d413b9c8d3a71.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2