You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

wrong paper size selected for printing

I am trying to print a 4in*6in photo from Affinity Photo to my Canon IP4800 (win10)

I set it to print 4*6 but the printer driver changes that to A4. Where am I going wrong?

I have attached three screen dumps.

To get round the problem I saved the photo as a .jpeg, opened in win10 Photo and it printed ok.

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Capture 3.JPG

3 hours ago, juliang said:

I have attached three screen dumps.

The last shown Preview pic looks like a seperate Canon application and maybe not be printer driver related, looks somehow like what I have as Canon "Easy Photo Print EX" or the like. - If so (?), it controls the printer through own page settings etc. and isn't related to Affinity Photo.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Capture.thumb.JPG.f96ebb28dcb15d93b0fd83559b6d9505.JPGNot sure if this will help but I have found on my Canon printer when paper and print sizes go awry in APhoto ...

From the PRINTER properties go to the Page Setup tab then at the bottom Print Options and disable the application software 

If you're printing direct from Windows it doesn't seem to matter.

Edited by jeffers
screenshot added