You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Beta 1.7.0.238 Crashes from Scrolling on Document

• Staff

Hi william,

I've loaded the document here and scrolled through it without it crashing. I might be struggling to reproduce it since some of the resources are linked, so if possible can you embed all the links and re-attach it?

We do have an issue logged with quite resource heavy documents sometimes crashing when scrolled and this could be another variation of that, but it doesn't look as resource heavy as the other documents I reproduced that issue with.

Are you also able to attach any publisher crash reports here (~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports)?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

On 2/13/2019 at 8:47 PM, williamlzhao said:

My publisher beta is crashing anytime I scroll at all on my document.

Loaded your file on both Mac and Windows without crashes.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

18 hours ago, Jon P said:

Hi william,

I've loaded the document here and scrolled through it without it crashing. I might be struggling to reproduce it since some of the resources are linked, so if possible can you embed all the links and re-attach it?

We do have an issue logged with quite resource heavy documents sometimes crashing when scrolled and this could be another variation of that, but it doesn't look as resource heavy as the other documents I reproduced that issue with.

Are you also able to attach any publisher crash reports here (~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports)?

Thanks

Hi Jon,

Thank you for looking into this! I've attached the file with the resources embedded as well as a couple of the crash reports I have received. I'm not entirely sure if the crashes are directly linked to scrolling itself, but it seems although the software crashes mainly when I scroll up towards the top more resource populated pages.

Thanks again!

Prospectus_Final_Rough_Draft.afpub

Affinity Publisher Beta_2019-02-13-102133_Bills-MacBook-Air.crash

Affinity Publisher Beta_2019-02-13-123348_Bills-MacBook-Air.crash

Affinity Publisher Beta_2019-02-13-123508_Bills-MacBook-Air.crash

Affinity Publisher Beta_2019-02-13-123538_Bills-MacBook-Air.crash

• Staff

Hi William,

This file is in effect slightly corrupted which is causing the crash.

We can fix the file, but I'm curious if you have a version of the file saved before this became a problem? Or can you remember if you were doing anything specific regarding master pages before this became a problem?

Edit: Do you also know when this document was initially created?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon,

I don't have a previous version of this file. I'm not sure what I did before the initial crash, but the only thing I altered on the master pages in this document was adding page numbers and then deleting them. 

I believe the document was created 2/9 or 2/10 and I created it prior to updating to the most current version.

Thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.