You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

photo Beta interfering with 'normal' Affinity photo.

I have been using the Affinity Photo Beta extensively over the past couple of months. This is screen shot attached is coming on when I try to load a file that has been saved in tiff as a PGD?

If I shut down the beta and load Affinity photo (not beta) the same file will not load until I have repeatedly pressed the left mouse button. then a message strip comes on the screen above Affinity and says Affinity is not responding. The blue timing ring is activated all the time. Then the photograph finally comes on. I can load a 'normal' i, e. tiff shot without problems other than waiting for it.

Sceen shot from beta below.

Screenshot (3).png

it has always been noted in the beta download threads:

"As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. "

No files are backward compatible and it is great to see the warning appear.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.